By Rob Stone,Julián Daniel Gutiérrez-Albilla
A better half to Luis Buñuel offers a set of serious readings by way of a few of the top-rated movie students that examines and reassesses myriad aspects of world-renowned filmmaker Luis Buñuel’s existence, works, and cinematic themes.
- A choice of serious readings that learn and re-examine the arguable filmmaker’s lifestyles, works, and cinematic themes
- Features readings from a number of of the main highly-regarded specialists at the cinema of Buñuel
- Includes a multidisciplinary variety of methods from specialists in movie stories, Hispanic stories, Surrealism, and theoretical options reminiscent of these of Gilles Deleuze
- Presents a formerly unpublished interview with Luis Buñuel’s son, Juan Luis Buñuel
Read or Download A Companion to Luis Buñuel (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Best film & video art books
Because the days of silent motion pictures, track has been imperative to the cinematic event, serving, variously, to allay audiences' fears of the darkish and to intensify a film's emotional effect. but audience are frequently ignorant of its presence. during this daring, insightful ebook, movie and tune student and critic Royal S.
Probably the most influential figures in documentary and ethnographic filmmaking, Jean Rouch has made a couple of hundred motion pictures in West Africa and France. In such acclaimed works as Jaguar, The Lion Hunters, and Cocorico, Monsieur Poulet, Rouch has explored racism, colonialism, African modernity, non secular ritual, and song.
Few fresh books on global cinema learn motion pictures and the careers of overseas movie artists in survey shape. At a time whilst movie scholarship has turn into entangled in pedantic discourse, Bert Cardullo analyzes probably the most vital motion pictures and the artists who produced them. past uncomplicated biographical tablets and plot summaries, those readings display with readability and style how foreign moviemakers use the assets of the medium to pursue complicated, major human ambitions.
What's the dating among cinema and spectator? this can be the most important query for movie idea, and one who Thomas Elsaesser and Malte Hagener positioned on the middle in their insightful and fascinating ebook, now revised from its renowned first version. all kinds of cinema (and each movie thought) first imagines an amazing spectator, after which maps yes dynamic interactions among the display and the spectator’s brain, physique and senses.
- The Gag Man: Clyde Bruckman and the Birth of Film Comedy
- Romantic Comedy: Boy Meets Girl Meets Genre (Short Cuts)
- Immediations: The Humanitarian Impulse in Documentary (a Camera Obscura Book)
- The cinema of Oliver Stone: Art, authorship and activism
- Evil Arabs in American Popular Film: Orientalist Fear
- Black Venus: Sexualized Savages, Primal Fears, and Primitive Narratives in French
Extra resources for A Companion to Luis Buñuel (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Luis Buñuel (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Rob Stone,Julián Daniel Gutiérrez-Albilla