By Mark D. Stansbury-O'Donnell
Offering a different combination of thematic and chronological research, this hugely illustrated, attractive textual content explores the wealthy historic, cultural, and social contexts of 3,000 years of Greek artwork, from the Bronze Age in the course of the Hellenistic period.
- Uniquely intersperses chapters dedicated to significant sessions of Greek artwork from the Bronze Age during the Hellenistic interval, with chapters containing discussions of significant contextual subject matters throughout the entire periods
- Contextual chapters illustrate how quite a number components, equivalent to the city atmosphere, gender, markets, and cross-cultural touch, inspired the advance of art
- Chronological chapters survey the looks and improvement of key inventive genres and discover how artifacts and structure of the time mirror those styles
- Offers quite a few attractive and informative pedagogical beneficial properties to assist scholars navigate the topic, resembling timelines, theme-based textboxes, key phrases outlined in margins, and additional readings.
- Information is gifted in actual fact and contextualized in order that it really is available to scholars despite their past point of knowledge
- A booklet spouse web site is obtainable at www.wiley.gom/go/greekart with the subsequent assets: PowerPoint slides, word list, and timeline
Read Online or Download A History of Greek Art PDF
Similar art history books
A trilogy in accordance with a real tale of the Italian Renaissance. This model bundles the 3 books - Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso - jointly as one. Renaissance Florence celebrated its Golden Age throughout the past due fifteenth century less than Lorenzo de’ Medici, the significant. This was once the age of artists, philosophers and poets like Leonardo, Michelangelo, Botticelli, Pico della Mirandola, Poliziano, and Machiavelli.
Eine einzigartige Geschichte von Wahnsinns-Höhepunkten in der Literatur – zum Totlachen, fremdschämen, Mitzittern und GenießenDie schönste Sache der Welt. Die Glücklichen unter uns kommen hin und wieder in ihren Genuss, die meisten aber haben Probleme mit dem Kommen, dem Nicht-Können, dem zu heftigen Wollen.
The stay artwork Almanac quantity four is a set of ‘found’ writings approximately and round dwell artwork that wereoriginally released, shared, despatched, unfold and browse among January 2012 and December 2014. chosen via techniques and an open demand submissions, quantity four displays the dynamic, overseas contexts that dwell paintings and radical performancebased practices occupy.
The overdue Renaissance sculptor Leone Leoni (1509-1590) got here from modest beginnings, yet died as a nobleman and knight. His extraordinary bounce in prestige from his humble start to a stonemason's family members, to his time as a galley slave, to dwelling as a nobleman and courtier in Milan offer a particular case research of an artist's fight and conquer current social constructions that marginalized the Renaissance artist.
- Picturing (Terra Foundation Essays)
- Greek Sculpture
- Re-envisioning the Contemporary Art Canon: Perspectives in a Global World
- Maria Spilsbury (1776?820): Artist and Evangelical
- Cultural Capital: The Rise and Fall of Creative Britain
- Painting the Southern Coast: The Art of West Fraser
Extra info for A History of Greek Art
A History of Greek Art by Mark D. Stansbury-O'Donnell