By Sally Faulkner
- Uniquely deals huge shut readings of forty two movies, that are in particular precious to scholars and lecturers of Spanish cinema.
- Analyses Spanish silent cinema and flicks of the Franco period in addition to modern examples.
- Interrogates film's family with different media, together with literature, pictorial artwork and television.
- Explores either 'auteur' and 'popular' cinemas.
- Establishes 'prestige' and the 'middlebrow' as an important new phrases in Spanish cinema studies.
- Considers the transnationality of Spanish cinema all through its century of existence.
- modern administrators lined during this publication contain Almodóvar, Bollaín, Díaz Yanes and more.
Read Online or Download A History of Spanish Film: Cinema and Society 1910-2010 PDF
Similar film & video art books
Because the days of silent movies, song has been fundamental to the cinematic event, serving, variously, to allay audiences' fears of the darkish and to intensify a film's emotional effect. but audience are usually ignorant of its presence. during this daring, insightful publication, movie and tune pupil and critic Royal S.
Some of the most influential figures in documentary and ethnographic filmmaking, Jean Rouch has made a couple of hundred movies in West Africa and France. In such acclaimed works as Jaguar, The Lion Hunters, and Cocorico, Monsieur Poulet, Rouch has explored racism, colonialism, African modernity, non secular ritual, and tune.
Few contemporary books on global cinema research motion pictures and the careers of foreign movie artists in survey shape. At a time whilst movie scholarship has turn into entangled in pedantic discourse, Bert Cardullo analyzes essentially the most very important motion pictures and the artists who produced them. past easy biographical pills and plot summaries, those readings reveal with readability and style how foreign moviemakers use the assets of the medium to pursue advanced, major human pursuits.
What's the courting among cinema and spectator? this is often the foremost query for movie conception, and person who Thomas Elsaesser and Malte Hagener positioned on the middle in their insightful and fascinating ebook, now revised from its renowned first version. all types of cinema (and each movie conception) first imagines a fantastic spectator, after which maps definite dynamic interactions among the reveal and the spectator’s brain, physique and senses.
- No Laughing Matter
- Death by Umbrella! The 100 Weirdest Horror Movie Weapons
- Tex Avery: A Unique Legacy
- Ranciere and Film (Critical Connections EUP)
- Filming the End of the Holocaust: Allied Documentaries, Nuremberg and the Liberation of the Concentration Camps (War, Culture and Society)
- South Asians on the U.S. Screen: Just Like Everyone Else?
Additional resources for A History of Spanish Film: Cinema and Society 1910-2010
A History of Spanish Film: Cinema and Society 1910-2010 by Sally Faulkner